A few family members were present at the time to share their thoughts and experience in-person. However, the manager collated a list of contact details for people that were happy to speak to us about their experience with the care home over the telephone.
Some Interview Responses:
Staff (6 members were interviewed)
- Some felt supportive and approachable opposed to some others who felt undervalued and not appreciated for their work including their feedback and suggestions.
- Extensive training and felt more aware such as the safeguarding process.
Family/Friends (6 members were interviewed)
- Acknowledges the long working hours. Staff are polite, welcoming and accommodating.
- Updates are not always received following doctor's appointments.
- Well informed of the overall state of the care home and residents wellbeing. Believed the care home handled the pandemic well.
Residents (1 was interviewed)
Freedom given to follow individuals interest.
Well informed of the protocols during the pandemic.
No suggestions to potential improvements.
- Staff and management have the best interests of the residents and families at heart.
- Care home was well supported to help maintain the spread of the pandemic by a wider organisation and local public health department.
- Well-managed, staffed and operated.
Some Suggested Recommendations:
- We have saw some things that look to be made for aesthetic reasons which can lead to confusion or access such as the placement of a fire extinguisher or signs.
- Increase brightness in some areas as some had poor lighting.
- Improvement on encouraging residents to socialise and engage in activities more.
- Attend staff members and to have appropriate meetings if necessary.
- Provide regular updates to relatives.