Healthwatch Lewisham gathered information on local people’s experience of discharge through community engagement, surveys and Enter and View visits. Over 200 patients, service users and carers contributed to the findings.
We identified the potential for improvement in the following areas:
- Awareness of discharge procedures
- Inconsistency of discharge planning
- Poor communication between multi-disciplinary agencies
- Family, friends or carers not involved in the discharge process
- Long waits for those waiting to be discharged