Of the twelve surgeries only eight (66.6%) were aware of the AIS Standard, three were unaware and one was unsure.
- 2 surgeries have a hearing loop which is a system that supports people who use hearing aids.
- 3 have documentation available in large print.
- 4 said they have access to a translation service.
- 3 are producing leaflets using symbols, images and plain English text.
Recording communication needs
- 7 receptionists said they asked patients about their additional communication needs.
- 1 said that this is up to the GP to ask patients about their additional communication needs.
- 4 mentioned that they did not ask patients.
Disability awareness training
- 3 receptionists said that they had received training. This was provided at team meetings.
- 5 said that they had been given information to read which was produced by NHS England.
- 4 said that they had received no training