What is Enter & View?
One of Healthwatch Lewisham’s legal functions is to carry out Enter & View visits into health and social care services in the borough.
The Health and Social Care Act allows local Healthwatch Authorised Representatives to observe service delivery and talk to service users, their families and carers on premises such as hospitals, residential homes, GP practices, dental surgeries, optometrists and pharmacies.
Enter & View visits can happen if people tell us there is a problem with a service but, equally, they can occur when services have a good reputation – so we can learn about and share examples of what they do well from the perspective of people who experience the service first hand.
Enter & View Authorised Representatives can:
- go into health and social care premises to see and hear for themselves how services are provided,
- collect the views of service users at the point of service delivery,
- collect the views from family and carers,
- observe the nature and quality of services,
- collect evidence-based findings,
- develop recommendations which influence commissioning.
Only Authorised Representatives can undertake Enter & View visits, and only for the purpose of carrying out the activities of Healthwatch Lewisham.
All Enter & View recruits undergo free training in the process of visits, confidentiality, dignity, equality and diversity, and safeguarding. They are also required to undergo a DBS check (Disclosing and Barring Service). The role is voluntary, although expenses are paid.
If you are interested in this role, please contact us on 020 3886 0839 or email email@example.com.